The investment Coin is made of precious metals (gold, silver, platinum, palladium, etc.) and its main purpose is to invest and preserve valuable coins. Compared to precious metal commemorative coins, investment coins have the following characteristics:
1. A large circulation (especially gold and silver coins, almost "unlimited" distribution);
2. The design is relatively fixed (the pattern is fixed or the pattern series is relatively fixed);
3. Specifications, usually 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, 1 oz, 2 oz, 5 oz, 10 oz, 1 kg, 5 kg, 10 kg, etc. ;
4. For the same series of the same year, coins of different specifications are the same;
5. The price is generally the price of the precious metal itself, plus 5 to 40% of the premium. (There are less premiums in the coinage and more refined water, more water in the small size currency and less in the large size currency);
6. The currency indicates the fineness of the precious metal (usually more than 90%, mostly more than 99%) and the weight of precious metal contained (usually "oz").